Doctor "Doc" Benjamin Clayton (formerly Sam Perkins ) was Fort Kerium's Afro-American doctor. He was a frequent ally to BraveStarr, but seemed to have some pacifist ideals - he found it confusing that the Krangs' elderly doctor could also be willing to kill people and ultimately convinced him to switch sides.
Behind the Scenes
Doc Clayton was voiced by Lou Scheimer (credited as Erik Gunden)
His name may be a reference to the famous gunfighter Doc Holliday.
- Episode 01: Tunnel of Terror - Doc was accompanied by "Mac" when he went to look in on one of his patients in the desert lands. Some time later, Thirty/Thirty sought out Clayton and McBride and asked them for help, for a mine owned by Digger Knox had collapsed, trapping BraveStarr, J.B., Digger and Togg Salter inside.
- Episode 4: Brother's Keeper - Doc was treating Charlie who had been infected by the Strain 25 Space Virus and was in desperate need of medicine.
- Episode 9: BraveStarr and the Law - Judge McBride asked Doc to give Clem Clodhopper a medical examination. He found that Vipra had used her Venomizer to hypnotize Clem and make him lie about a claim under oath.
- Episode 11: Eyewitness (mentioned only)
- Episode 13: BraveStarr and the Medallion
- Episode 16: Hail, Hail, The Gang's All Here (mentioned only)
- Episode 23: The Wrong Hands
- Episode 29: Hostage - Doc returned from Sawtooth after treating an illness there. The Shaman has also contracted the illness & was taken hostage by Tex Hex. Doc helped to get him back from The Carrion Gang & cure him.
- Episode 32: Lost Mountain - Fuzz sprained his arm during a crashlanding on Lost Mountain. After BraveStarr and Fuzz returned to Fort Kerium, Fuzz was treated by Doc Clayton.
- Episode 38: Buddy - treated BraveStarr after he got injured in the Fort Kerium Bank during a tussle with Snake-Eye and Bear-Claw.
- Episode 47: The Price - Doc was called upon to identify Spin-addicts and send them to hospital.
- Episode 53: The Bounty Hunter
- Episode 56: Call of the Wild - Despite suffering from the illness brought on by the Fever Flower himself, Doc Clayton took care of the sick schoolchildren while waiting for BraveStarr and Wild Child to get a permanent cure.